Owens & Associates continues to grow and prosper based on exceptional team members who have a true passion and dedication to providing quality services to children and families. Our goal is to hire dynamic individuals for our 2018 training classes who want to help us continue our mission of reuniting families in our Nebraska communities.
Family Partners provide responsible support services to children and families to help them improve their lives. Services include but are not limited to teaching parenting skills, finding applicable resources, supervision of visits between parents and children, responding to crisis situations and providing support to families to help them meet their goals.
This position is not a 9:00 - 5:00 desk job. The majority of the successful candidate's time will be spent in the community: in homes, schools and community sites. Flexibility to work non-traditional hours and days and respond to crisis situations is a must.
Family Partners provide services to families in crisis who are involved with Child Protective Services. In supporting the program guidelines, Family Partners:
* Develop and maintain helping relationships while assuring appropriate boundaries with children and families at all times.
* Maintain regular ongoing contact with parents through home visits.
* Provide support to families and monitor their progress towards the goals established by their case manager and the courts
* Provide the necessary teaching, intervention, facilitation and tools to the children and parents to help them be successful.
* Respond appropriately in crisis situations.
* Supervise family visits between children who are in out-of-home placement with their parent(s) and/or guardian(s).
* Participate in Family Team Meetings with collaterals to address progress towards goals
* Assist families in accessing appropriate resources within their community
* Provide transportation for children/families when necessary
* Work collaboratively with team members and willing to help out others when needed (case coverage, etc)
* Provide _objective_ written documentation of clients' compliance/non compliance with services on a daily basis by maintaining detailed notes of all contacts with families
* As a mandatory reporter, report any questionable/reportable incidents as required
* Communicate well with team members, referral sources and other collaterals
* Participate in inter-agency team meetings to discuss clients as well as identify areas of program improvement
* Attend mandatory trainings
* Possess a spirit of flexibility
* Understand and respect client confidentiality
* Seek supervision when needed
* Bachelor's degree in Human Services/Criminal Justice Field preferred (other degrees accepted if candidate has experience in the field. *An Associate's Degree PLUS two years full-time (paid or volunteer) experience in the field may be considered* .
* Ability to clear all background checks including Child & Adult Abuse/Neglect Registry; National, State and Local Criminal Records Check; Driver's License Check (cannot have more than 3 points assessed against license); Sex Offender Registry; and Drug Screening. Although a criminal history does not automatically exclude an individual from employment with Owens, failure to disclose will.
OWENS AND ASSOCIATES, INC.